At this point, you’ve already made it through the Thanksgiving 5, which means your focus should be on finishing the season strong. If you’ve spent the past couple months preparing, planning, and implementing, your December should be spent maintaining and tweaking.
In early December you’ll want to:
- Double-check all of your outgoing December emails. Make sure to check:
- Product inventory for all items you’re pushing
- Segments associated with all sends - do they still make sense?
- Products that you may want to add to certain promotions
- Holistically, take a look at your planned campaigns and decide if there are any gaps. Perhaps there’s a corresponding social campaign you want to run, or an up-sell opportunity that you didn’t think of before.
The rest of December should focus on deployment and making tweaks as necessary. Speaking of tweaks, the results are in for Black Friday and Cyber Monday and there are a few lessons to be learned. If you’ve got the time, consider working on the following:
- Optimizing your website for traffic flow
- Creating a mobile friendly site and checkout process
smart phones have accounted for 42.6% of sales so far this year, a 43% year-over-year increase
- Testing targeted, multi-channel campaigns
If you’re looking for a little holiday inspiration, make sure to check out the 12 Days of Holiday Campaigns Guide and end the season on a high note.