Americans to spend $16.4B on holiday prep in 2015
According to the National Retail Federation’s, Easter Spending Survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics, 80% of American consumers are planning to spend on gifts and goodies for the Easter holiday this year. Each consumer is expected to spend an average of $140.62 on Easter purchases, up from $137.46 last year. This consumer group will generate a total of $16.4B.
After a record-breaking winter, retailers in the apparel, accessories, candy, food, decorations, flowers, and gifts industries should expect to see a surge in orders as consumers get excited that ‘spring has sprung.’ From traditional holiday to spring merchandise, retailers can use the Easter holiday to transition shoppers into new, seasonal lines. Products such as spring dresses, bright button downs, sandals and Easter basket stuffers are obvious sells during the next two weeks, but retailers across the board should promote their first spring deliveries across a range of warm weather products that can be gifted or utilized on Easter day. Popular items include: gardening tools, camping gear, grills and outdoor cooking necessities, patio furnishings, spring training gear, and essentials for spring break, summer camp, and beach vacations.
Whether it’s an Easter gift guide or welcome to spring send, your email campaign is sure to compete in the inbox of your avid online shopping customer. Ramp-up your revenue and get the ROI you deserve with these easy to manage subject line and segmentation suggestions:
- PERSONALIZATION: Always include a first name field. For example, “*|FNAME|*, let’s celebrate together – Gifts and gadgets for the whole family”
- GAMIFICATION: Pair gaming with coupons. For example, “*|FNAME|*, Easter egg hunts aren’t just for children. Can you find your coupon inside?”
- TIMING: Remind them that spring has sprung. For example, “Get your gardening on *|FNAME|*… We know you’ve been waiting to”
- Customers who made at least 1 purchase during the 2014 holidays
- Customers who purchased X or made a purchase in ABC category last year (directly related to Easter, spring, your campaign, new product release etc.)
- Customers who used your Easter or spring coupon last year
Make your messaging relevant. According to the NRF survey:
- 57% of consumers will visit with friends and family
- 51% will go to church
- 13% will open gifts
- 31% will plan an Easter egg hunt
- 24% will surf the Internet on Easter Day (HINT: day of Easter sale)
Retailers using targeted promotions and segmented email campaigns to launch the right product to the right people will see the best results, and the biggest ROI this Easter holiday.
Looking for additional tips & tricks to boost your Easter sales? Get your FREE demo, and we’ll help you make it happen.
For more: See the NRF report and learn what consumers are on the hunt for this Easter shopping season.